Niché Designs: Phase 8 - Logo Designs (Production)

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Phase 8 - Logo Designs (Production)






















I started of creating the font on Adobe Illustrator, I feel that using this program provides freedom with what you can do with effects, especially with 3D and positioning. I then transferred this into photoshop to begin the editing. I decided to rest the logo on the back of a wooden texture. I have seen this done on house numbers and feel it gives that house a professional and sophisticated look, this is what I was aiming for. I found a similar texture to what I was looking for, hence imported it into photoshop.

After choosing the elliptical marquee tool I drew a circle in the middle of the image and changed the layers blend mode to overlay. This allows to get a sort of brushy effect on the actual circle. I then bought the logo back and wanted to create a shadow on the text. This meant I had to use the magic wand to select the side of the text and create a new layer with it. After bringing up the 'Curves' tab I began testing with it until the inner sides of the text became black.

Creating the shadow at the back of the whole text was quite tricky, I created a black box and placed it behind the text selecting the layer mask tool. Then after picking the erase brush I began giving it a more natural look as shown in the screenshot. The I found the texture on http://lostandtaken.com/2009/01/11-old-grungy-film-textures.html. To make sure that the texture goes over the logo I aligned it over the text and then changed the blending mode to multiply so it multiplies into the logo and started the process of elimination with the brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment