Niché Designs: Phase 13 - Project Production

Monday, January 11, 2010

Phase 13 - Project Production

The production of the final product took numerous days to complete, huge amounts of editing, thought process and tweaking had taken place therefore, the project may not be a carbon copy of the storyboard. Throughout the production stage there were several actions which I have only taken one screen shot off otherwise it may become repetitive. Some of these actions include; Importing, sound, image or video, editing video that have been shown below and create different layers.

I started off with a blank composition, after adjusting the settings I then set of to create the project. At first it was fairly straight forward, importing images that I have previously created on Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator






After creating the images in Illustrator, by choosing the 3D option and playing around with it till the desired effect is achieved, I then bought all the individual layers into After Effects (AE) and began adding key frames. The key frames allowed me to position the layers as well as use an effect such as Opacity, Scaling or Anchoring.

Most of the time, I would choose the area I wanted to render to ensure that the timing is right; not to slow or not to fast. If this was the case, then moving the key frames appropriately would allow the timing to be altered.

Continuing with the production stage, I found an silhouette of a group of people which looks like they are cheering, I bought that image into Adobe Illustrator and changed the stroke of the outline and began to fill the space with '70,000 Fans' randomly across the image.



The next step I decided to create a font of 70,000 Fans just in case the audience are confused by the image that I created in the previous scene. To do this I typed this phrase in Illustrator and bought it into Photoshop. I wanted to create a font that is 'out there'. I created this type of text by flipping it to the side and applying wind in all directions to get the jagged effect, then by going to Color Balance I was able to choose the specific color I wanted for the project.










No comments:

Post a Comment