Niché Designs: Phase 5 - Campaign Inspirations

Friday, November 27, 2009

Phase 5 - Campaign Inspirations

When thinking of ideas for the campaign my mind was flooded with different ideas that I could use, some where very flamboyant yet some where very simple. Whilst I was tilted towards the idea of lots of special effects, audio aid, and technical brilliance I came across numerous videos that showed that one does not have to create such campaigns in order for it to be effective.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7Rn-hgwRY

The PES 2010 gaming product is a good example, while it tries to boast the new specs and techs of the game the simplicity is one that I have been inspired by. The opening scene is one that I may decide to follow in the near future. It is not the whole clip that interests me it is the first 30 seconds. It introduces the company, the logo, the game and the game logo which cements the game into our heads by the of the trailer. Using slow motion allows the audience to capture the game and hooks us onto watching the remainder of the trailer.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do9J0KQeKxs

The video above broke a boundary that I feel one could not do when referring to subject like this. Before viewing this video it was drilled into my head that I had to create a campaign that strays away from the fun of football. It had to be hard-hitting, something that would move the audience and encourage them to help with this cause. The use of mellow audio and dark colours would aid this, however the video above is the official video for "One Game, One Community" campaign and they have produced a video with bright colours, a friendly narrative voice and the use of pictures of fans at football matches. This shows that my piece does not have to be touching, or a serious campaign. It can be full of colour, with fans smiling but it has to maintain the ideology we aim to achieve.

What stood out for me in this video is the use of typography in beginning of the clip, it brings another dimension to the campaign. After researching for other clips, typography may seem comic in one way, but it does bring something different to video clips as shown below:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnvvVi4HaI

So after analysing various different video clips, I have concluded that I would like the following in my final piece:

1. Typography
2. Slow Motion Effect
3. A Range Of Different Camera Angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment